The Key To Your Health – Microbiome
How Does Microbiome Affect My Health?
When the body is in a state of homeostasis, it is balanced and working well. However, when unbalanced, this can cause disease and illnesses.
Therefore having a healthy microbiome will:
- Improve digestion
- Increase immunity
- You will have energy and stamina
- Foods will metabolise
- Inflammation will be reduced or cease
- Assist blood sugar regulation
- Cholesterol will improve
What Upsets My Microbiome?
Like with most health concerns and illnesses, many of the same factors affect your health. For example, suppose you live a highly stressed life, with little to no balance, where fast-food and takeaway food is a regular go-to, plus not to mention all of the events and parties and functions, lack of exercise, participating in recreational drugs, high sugar intake and lack of sleep; these are common causes that upset your microbiome.
But wait, there’s more; ageing, constant usage of antibiotics, depression and psychological changes, menopause and not enough “good” fibre, can also affect your precious microbiome.
What Can I Do To Improve My Microbiome?
I’m sure you have heard of probiotics, but have you heard of pre-biotics? Taking both supplements can give your microbiome the boost it requires.
- Fermented foods such as sauerkraut is another option, along with kimchi, kombucha and kefir.
- Eat less natural and artificial sugar, and increase your intake of healthy foods, consuming a wide range of choices.
- Reduce stress.
- Use more natural cleaning agents.
- Quit smoking and drinking, or at least reduce.
- Consciously try to get more sleep.
- And something unexpected, exercise can increase your microbiome. Numerous ongoing studies report that athletes and those who exercise regularly contain greater microbial activity.
A lot can be said about gut health and the microbiome that inhabits our diverse human body. Therefore, if you resonate with anything in this blog, or are concerned that you require additional support, then our qualified and friendly Naturopaths at Nurtura Health are here for you. Book a consultation today, and you could be on your way to feeling on top of the world.